Like us on Facebook
OUR TRAINING CENTER OFFERS A TARGETED INSTRUCTIONAL PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MEASURE YOUR PROGRESS FROM NOVICE TO INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED LEVELS.
Our training program provides you a clear roadmap of how you can improve your skills to the next competency level. This program is based on 25+ YEARS EXPERIENCE of fly fishing training to over a thousand anglers. To achieve each competency level you will demonstrate the knowledge and abilities gained during your training sessions with our qualified instructors using specialized instructional tools.
Advancing to the Next Level – how it works
Our popular DISCOVERY FLYFISHING
training is the best way to get started. The training program provides an opportunity to achieve your Level 4 to Level 6 with a training periods of one half-day, full-day and up to a two-day period are available. ADVANCED FLYFISHING training allows you to progress to the next competency levels in a way designed for experienced fly anglers looking to improve and fine tune their casting techniques and explore new on-water fishing approaches and strategies. SPECIALIZED TRAINING is offered for anglers seeking to develop their abilities using techniques and strategies adapted to specific fishing situations.
we offer free assessments of your fly casting skills that will assist in developing your training program that allows you to progress to the next level.
For a more complete and professional casting signature analysis and evaluation we recommend our CAST ANALYZER computer-based tool that allows trainers to measure your casting signature and provide clear recommendations. This allows us precisely identify where focus is needed and measure your progress.
Training PROGRESS CARDS clearly indicate the competency level you have achieved and identifies the additional skills and knowledge needed to progress to the next level. But be assured, there is no test or examination required. The Progress Card is our commitment to ensuring you fullfil
the learning objectives established at the start of your training session. We are committed to your achievement of the target
competencies. No one else offers you this level of training commitment.
Novice (Level 1 to 4) skillsets
- Initiation to types of flylines and rods
- Initiation to basic fly patterns
- Hand position and casting stance
- Flyline pick up and lay down
- False cast and flyline presentation
- Initiation to fly line control
- Initiation to safe river wading
and more ...
Intermediate (level 5 to 6) skillsets
- Roll cast
- Double-haul cast
- Loop control
- Shooting and stripping flyline
- Presentation casts in moving water
- Casting accuracy (3-10 meters)
- Locating fish lies and strategies
and more ...
Advanced (Level 7 to 10) skillsets
- Fly tying and fly identification
- Advanced loop control
- Advanced roll casts
- Casting distance (20-30 metres)
- Casting two-hand rod
- Nymphing fishing techniques
- Stillwater fishing techniques
- Advanced fishing strategies
and more ...
Loch-style stillwater drift fishing
- Increase your casting distance
- Stillwater techniques and strategies
- Stillwater fish habitat and behaviors
- Sinking line presentations
- Multi-fly selection and set-ups
- Mostly on-water training
River techniques and strategies
- Recognizing structures and fish lies
- Rod, line and terminal gear selection
- Dry flies, streamers and nymphs
- Multi-fly selection and setup
- Short dryland and classroom training
- Mostly on-water river training
Presentation, distance and precision
- Mending, reaching, rolls and wiggles
- Hauling, drifting and stripping
- Dealing with targets and obstructions
- Fly line and loop control
- Mostly dryland training
Tremblant Flyfishing Adventures
Aventures de pêche Tremblant